Friday, May 22, 2009

I Miss my Spark :(

Yesterday we got our marriage registered. What a contrast it was. I mean i remember 3 months back when we got married it was a whole two day affair with as many customs and traditions that can be thrown into one marriage. Shit. By the end of it you realise why most people in India get married only once. You just cant go through that torture again :P
But yesterday we got our marriage registered in Sydney. And we took our wows typical filmy ishhtyle... "do u take this man to be your husband" and so on. The whole thing took just 10 minutes. Thts it!!!!
When u think of it our traditional marriage was much much more fun and holy and sacred if u know wht i mean. Anyways...

We're having awesome weather here... is overcast and breezy and a totally romantic weather... its just the start of winter in Sydney. I am a winter person. Always have been and always will be. I mean when you grow up in Delhi heat of 40 - 45 degrees temp I don't understand how anyone can be a summer person.

So I was just looking out of my window n thinkin how much i wanted to go out for a drive. I'd bought a car about 2 years back in Delhi. A cute lil red chevvy Spark. It was love at first sight. Like we understood each other perfectly and were made for each other. My spark was my world. I used to be in a marketing role back then and so used to drive around the city quite a bit. Also my office was bout 25 kms from my house so me n my car used to spend a lot of time together. I used to wait to get into it and drive back from office at the end of the day. Like tht used to be MY time. Loud music.. something to munch on.. and ur ready to go. It never mattered that your stuck for 15 minutes at the South Ex flyover... or that Moolchand was almost always crawling at a speed of 20 kmph... or that the air is so thick with smoke that your lungs would instantly be coated with an inch thick layer of carbon if you rolled down your window. Tht 90 odd minutes it took to drive back home was my unwind time where I could forget about my work and my pain in the **s boss. And I used to love that time.

Now I drive a Honda Civic on the streets of Sydney. Nice car actually, all leather interiors and looks pretty sleek and sexy. Sydney has neat empty roads, hardly ever a traffic jam, the air is so clean you actually want to roll down your windows and let the breeze run through your hair. And everyone follows the rules. Everyone means everyone, no exceptions. It really a treat to drive.
You'd think I'm crazy, but I really miss my Spark somedays like this. I mean I wanna feel the thrill of breaking a red light once more and criss-crossing between lanes and traffic. You know the sense of achievement you have when u miss the pothole on the road coz you knew exactly where it was, coz its been there since ages. Poor guy in the fancy Toyota car dint know tht :P
I could drive my car with one finger on the wheel, apple in one hand and texting from my mobile with the other hand. And I could still overtake that 1980's Maruti in front of me from the wrong side.
Here you stick to your lanes, stick like glue. And turn your indicator on for everything. You wanna change lanes? on an empty road? Indicate. You wanna take a U turn? indicate. You don't wanna turn? Indicate. You wanna turn right on a road that automatically turns right? Indicate.
#$%&@* is what goes through your mind.
So right now I really wish I could drive my Spark in the middle of Ring road.

Hey i saw Phenomenon yesterday. Again. But i really love that movie. And John Travolta looks sexy. See it if you haven't already.
And i really hope Delhi wins today. My husband is rooting for Deccan though.

3 comments:

  1. You want Delhi to win?? Thankfully your husband is being more intelligent. But come what may you don't care about any result as long as Chennai wins :P Am i right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delhi to win?? I don't understand. I would have thought you wouldn't care about any match as long as Chennai wins the league. Or has the love for the skipper died? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. my firrssst comment... thx..
    i want delhi to win only todays match.... coz i want chennai to defeat delhi in the finals... samjhe...
    and my second loyalty after chennai lies with delhi .. me being delhite... :P

    ReplyDelete